Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Turning Anger Into Joy

I think it might have been through my early readings of HAMKA's Tafsir Al Azhar or some other religious work somewhere, but I have practised this for years that whenever I am angry or more commonly as in my case 'dissapointed' with someone or something, I would go take an ablution and pray 2 cycles of prayer. Most times, the paradigm changes, my anger or dissapointment well abated and 'problem' seem less of a problem. My attitude to the socalled' problem changed......


There was one instance I recollect that the 'problem on the ground' was so intractable and 'formidable'., I had to wake up in the wee hours of the morning  daily and pray for over a month, suddenly one fine day I woke up with the pleasant realization that 'really actually it is not a problem anymore for me, it is HIS problem ! '. Everything suddenly become bright and breezy.


Yesterday I was surfing a 'sufi' web on the internet and came across this 'gold mine'. I know sufi/ tassauwwuf is a 'no - no' to some individuals.......


Well, if you are partial to tassauwwuf or sufism, or you think they are 'bidaah people', disregard that this is sufi, but listen....
If you love them......also listen
but if you are the great silent majority like me who are 'neutral' to all this name-calling,...do listen

Take just their wisdom, leave the name-calling, and  your  'I am holier and more knowledgeable than thou', common amongst us Muslims...just listen


[ I  must apologise for some of the poor sound disturbance in the background ]


"I do not know what I may appear to the world; but to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the seashore, and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me. "
- Sir Isaac Newton








No comments: